Thursday, November 9, 2017

Logic of Muawiyah

I admire Muawiyah , the sense of finesse which he developed to a degree probably higher than in any other Calip. The virtue and ability to resort to force when force was absolutely necessary and use peaceful measures in all other instances. His slowness to anger and his absolute self control left him under all circumstances " Master of Situation". He said in a letter to al-Hasan ( Fatima's eldest son ) " I apply not my sword, where my lash suffices, nor my lash where my tongue is enough. And even if there be one hair binding me to my fellow men, I do not let it break : when they pull I loosen, and if they loosen I pull " He finally concluded that " I admit that because of your Blood Relation Ship you are more entitled to this high office than I. And if I was sure of your greater ability to fulfil the duties involved I would unhesitatingly swear allegiance to you. Now then, ask what you should do" Enclosed was a blank paper for Al- Hasan to fill in, already signed by Muawiyah . This was the political strategy of Umayyad Dynasty 683 AD.

No comments:

Post a Comment